6 Ways to Deliver Effective Outplacement ServicesMarch 22, 2011
Is your organization considering implementing outplacement services for exiting staff or are you looking to improve your present outplacement process? Are you an outplacement firm looking to cut costs and increase efficiency in your service delivery? Christine De Cock, Director of Career Solutions at Insala has over 20 years of experience in outplacement and career management and shares six best practices to deliver effective outplacement services that benefit the employee going through the outplacement process, a sponsoring organization, outplacement firms and consultants.
- Provide an online solution to support your outplacement services. Offer an online portal to accommodate varying users of your outplacement services - line employees, managers and executives. An online solution gives users the freedom to access company specific resources and content when they choose. This will broaden and strengthen your organizationís outplacement delivery model, satisfy todayís large market that expects online solutions to accompany such services and position your organization as an innovative employer.
- Manage all your user information and service deliverables in a universally accessible location online. Have one single online framework with all tools and content accessible online. Allow administrators to log, track and manage all services that consultants deliver to their users online. This will reduce program administration time, increase day-to-day productivity and enable consultants to work virtually.
- Offer users cost-efficient and ďgreenĒ solutions that meet their needs and economic circumstances. 73% of individuals have access to the Internet from home and can conduct job searches from home. Eliminate travel time and cost for users so they can access their outplacement solution from home. Offer engaging and relevant content and activities for independent online activity anytime and anywhere. Use webinars and Skype technology for workshops and meetings. Offer clients meaningful face-to-face time and have them network for their end result - landing the best possible job match.
- Provide the most relevant and up-to-date research and productivity tools from one single location. Ensure users have the best tools within reach. Integrate all networking, company research, resume and correspondence distribution and tracking into a single dashboard view. Be sure to provide specific training to help users get the most from their job search tools. This will enable users to conduct a more meaningful and efficient job search and visually track progress to increase their motivation.
- Automate reporting of critical data and success metrics with a robust online reporting tool. With government and public sector opportunities on a steep rise, firms must meet heavy reporting requirements also to quantify and qualify the outplacement program successes. Minimal effort with maximum output means collecting data on all users, consultants and program activities in a single online portal with a customizable reporting system that pulls the exact data you need. This offers comprehensive, relevant and accurate reports of program progress and success quickly and efficiently.
- Buy donít build.Outsource your outplacement technology by engaging with a technology partner that offers Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) online solution that is secure, efficient and cost-effective. Capitalize on the experience of outplacement technology providers and donít re-invent the wheel spending costly build dollars in-house. Ensure that you are getting a sustainable and scalable delivery model that provides the most up-to-date and innovative technology available.
View a related whitepaper here.