Corporate Coaching: Are your managers ready?Read more
Coaching Firms Can Retain Clients with Career Coaching Services
We have been cautioned by the head of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Kristalina Georgieva, that we may be facing the onslaught of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression of the 1930s. This warning comes alongside the grave forecast that only partial economic recovery will come in 2021.
Governments around the world have issued stay at home orders to curb the spread of the coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic. This has forced many businesses to close, while others are making tough decisions to cut costs.
This pandemic and its devastating effects are a first for our lifetimes. The rapid onset of the virus and the necessary organizational closures has led organizations around the world to shift their focus from coaching their employees to letting them go. Employees are being laid off at an unprecedented rate, with countless millions of employees losing their jobs.
This change can be detrimental to your coaching firm if career transition solutions, like career coaching, are not present in your business model. Your clients will be looking for a service that focuses more on their current situation, especially when layoffs are taking place. If you do not provide them with these services, another coaching firm will.
What is Career Coaching?
Career coaching is the process of helping a person honestly assess their professional situation and working with them to identify the necessary steps to achieve career objectives. Career coaching also helps inform people about their career development and trajectory. It provides support with resources and tools focused on furthering a career.
Benefits of Implementing Career Coaching Services
A coaching practice that includes career transition services, like career coaching, gains benefits for your coaching firm and your clients.
Implementing career coaching services helps to protect your coaching firm as the economy continues to face hardships. Career coaching will help you to:
- Increase revenue
- Expand your service offerings
- Defend your competitive position with your clients
- Up-skill your coaches to support career transition activities
For your clients, the benefits are very different but just as important. They will benefit from your career coaching services by obtaining the ability to:
- Protect their brand
- Reduce unemployment costs
- Lower risk of litigation
- Maintain relationship with former employees for rehire, contract, part-time work
These benefits are important to your clients' future. If you are hoping to retain them during these changes, you have to be willing to make some changes too. Remember, if you don’t provide this service, another firm will.
Implementing Career Transition Software to Manage Career Coaching Practices
When job loss is sudden and involuntary, displaced employees often experience heightened stress. With a career transitions strategy, you can help your clients ease that transition, and leveraging career transition software is an easy way to help facilitate career coaching with ease.
With a career transition software, your organization can implement its career coaching practices for your client’s displaced employees by:
- Facilitating new connections. As employees refine their next career goals, they can leverage an alumni directory to build a network and connect with other alumni who have made similar career transitions.
- Building resumes. A software-enabled resume builder can streamline the process of enhancing resumes.
- Organizing the process. Especially if employees are feeling frantic to land a new role, staying on top of applications can be challenging without an organized system. An opportunity tracker within the software makes it easy for applicants to follow up and remain organized and attentive even if she is interviewing at multiple companies.
- Enabling a job search. Your clients can grant employees access to internal and external opportunities that are available, allowing displaced employees to identify the best opportunities based on their career goals.
Insala can help you launch a new career coaching strategy or enhance an existing one at your coaching firm. Our more than 30 years of experience enables us to help you add the most value for your clients as they navigate a challenging business climate. And when you can solve the hardest problems for your clients, you’re likely to develop deep relationships that last well beyond this recession. Please request a demo to see for yourself how our career transition services software can support your career coaching services.
Corporate Alumni Network: The Perfect Home For Your Career Transition OfferDownload the eBook
Implement a Coaching Program For Your Women LeadersRead more
Develop Employees Through Virtual Coaching As we wait for the coronavirus pandemic to recede, the fortunate ones are those healthy ...Read more
Coaching Firms Can Retain Clients with Career Coaching Services We have been cautioned by the head of the International Monetary ...Read more
What Coaching Software Features Do You Need?Read more
Subscribe to Our Blog
Explore our Career Development Resources